Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Waiting with Resources

I finally got a neurologist appointment...in January. 

While on one hand its great I don't need a brain dr asap and I'm not life or death, but FUCK that is a long time to wait to get some answers, or at least get more tests...to get answers. Answers to questions like, do I need brain surgery?

Also side note, I looked up the doctor I'm going to see, and I can't find anywhere that he treats, or has dealt with Chiari before. Not sure what to make of that yet, I mean it's rare enough why boast about it, but shit if you're THE GUY in town, why wouldn't you list it? I guess this is just another question I will have to wait to have answered.

I do have my ENT dr appointment in two days for my sinus, my plan is for him to do the nuclear option on everything. Let's not start with meds and wait and see, then have sinus and nose surgery later. Let's cut, slash, burn. Whatever it takes for me to be able to clearly assess my headaches and rule out sinus pressure headaches.

In the mean time I have learned about good/bad resources for reading and learning about Chiari:

First, stay off Facebook, those support groups are really just the people that are having bad experiences, not to say they are being dramatic, but the softer side of Chiari is not on Facebook and everything is doom and gloom over there.

Reddit. Of course there is a subreddit for it! It is filled with level headed people that have been there, done that. They all have been so nice and informative. Just reading people's stories, after care, their life after surgery has been so wonderful to read. It's nice to read about how it sucked, a dr fixed it, and life CAN go back to normal, or even better than the normal you have gotten used to.

This Youtube channel. Doctors talking to Doctors about Chiari. Sometimes it can be a tad dull, but I like feeling like I am sitting in on these lectures. I like all the stats and charts so I can really be my own Chiari expert.

Current Worry: Sometimes (yesterday) I get headaches so bad I have to go lay down in dark silence, and I get really cold. I also am not sure if I pass out, like black out, lose consciousness style or just fall asleep.

Current Positive: My birthday ruled! Had a day for the record books, and will be continuing the party this weekend with my daughter staying the night at Grandma's and Grandpa's while the husband and I, plus a bunch of friends, are going out and painting the town red!

No comments:

Post a Comment